Welcome to HALE’s website!
HALE (Health Action Local Engagement) is an award winning charity based in Shipley. Our mission is "to improve health where there is greatest need" throughout the local area. Click here to watch a short film about our work.
You can find out more about our courses, groups and activities, such as our Networker Scheme and our Midwife Drop In Sessions, by using the menu on the left hand side of this page.
To read about new projects and forthcoming events, please visit our News pages.
If you want to support our work by making a donation just click here!
Latest happenings at HALE
- We are working on a pilot scheme around Personal Health Budgets. If you have a long term condition and currently receive Continuing Health Care you could be eligible for a PHB. Find out more here...
- Click here to read about our newest projects: Cough & Cold Care Programme, hEat Well and Shipley Cares
- Our next Healthy Weight Management Programme starts January 13th - find out more...
- Click here to read our Annual Report for 2013/14.
- We've been involved in producing 4 fantastic Self Care packs which are being used throughout the district. Read all about it here and download your copies here!
- Become a Friend of HALE! And support us in our mission "to improve health where there is greatest need". Find out more...
- improve aspiration and happiness in local communities by enabling local people to manage their health and wellbeing
- improve peoples' knowledge of how to engage with their local community and therefore feel less isolated and lonely
- work with and inform local people to understand how to manage their health needs and how to use health and social care services
- reduce known health inequalities in the areas we work in
- by being solutions focused. We ensure what we do makes a real difference
- by being inclusive. We review our working to ensure we are working with all populations in our community
- by engaging with people in their community. We use a hub and spoke approach to our work
- by working in partnership. We work with other organisations to ensure the best service is available for the people we work with
- by empowering others. We support others to achieve their goals and care for themselves
- by being outcome driven. We work to ISO 9001 as our quality accredited kite mark