Welcome to HALE’s website!
HALE (Health Action Local Engagement) is an award winning charity based in Shipley. Our mission is "to improve health where there is greatest need" throughout the local area. Click here to watch a short film about our work. You can also download a copy of our leaflet explaining 'Who we are and what we do' here.
STOP PRESS: HALE needs your Support NOW!
Due to recent cuts by the Government to Public Health, HALE has lost a significant amount of its funding. If you want our nationally recognised work to continue to support people in the SHIPLEY area please send us a donation by clicking here! THANK YOU.
You can find out more about our courses, groups and activities, such as our Networker Scheme and our Midwife Drop In Sessions, by using the menu on the left hand side of this page.
To read about new projects and forthcoming events, please visit our News pages.
Latest happenings at HALE
- We are urgently raising funds following Public Health funding cuts. Find out more about the cuts, and how you can help here....
- Looking to volunteeer? We currently have a number of volunteering opportunities - find out more...
- We've been working with our partners to do things differently in the Crag Road area of Shipley. Read a report on this project here...
- We've been involved in producing 4 fantastic Self Care packs which are being used throughout the district. Download your copies here!
- Become a Friend of HALE! And support us in our mission "to improve health where there is greatest need". Find out more...
- improve aspiration and happiness in local communities by enabling local people to manage their health and wellbeing
- improve peoples' knowledge of how to engage with their local community and therefore feel less isolated and lonely
- work with and inform local people to understand how to manage their health needs and how to use health and social care services
- reduce known health inequalities in the areas we work in
- by being solutions focused. We ensure what we do makes a real difference
- by being inclusive. We review our working to ensure we are working with all populations in our community
- by engaging with people in their community. We use a hub and spoke approach to our work
- by working in partnership. We work with other organisations to ensure the best service is available for the people we work with
- by empowering others. We support others to achieve their goals and care for themselves
- by being outcome driven. We work to ISO 9001 as our quality accredited kite mark