Welcome to HALE’s website!
HALE (Health Action Local Engagement) is an award winning charity based in Shipley. Our mission is "to improve health where there is greatest need" throughout the local area. Click here to watch a short film about our work.
You can find out more about our courses, groups and activities, such as our Networker Scheme and our Midwife Drop In Sessions, by using the menu on the left hand side of this page.
To read about the latest goings on, new projects and forthcoming events, please visit our News pages.
If you want to support our work by making a donation just click here!
Latest happenings at HALE
- We are recruiting! Click here if you're interested in joining our team of Health Networkers...
- Our Fish Bowl project has been funded for another year! Read more...
- We've been involved in producing 4 fantastic Self Care packs which are being used throughout the district. Read all about it here!
- Become a Friend of HALE! And support us in our mission "to improve health where there is greatest need". Find out more...
- improve people's health where there is greatest need.
- engage with people at community level.
- educate people on issues affecting health.
- work with local communities, identifying their health needs and supporting them to find the appropriate solutions.
- effectively tackle health inequalities in creative and innovative ways.
- always look for opportunities that will increase people’s skills and capacity.
- By always using a community development approach.
- By always providing health solutions in accessible, creative ways.
- Through working in partnership with appropriate local organisations.
- By rigorously evaluating the health impact of the work carried out.